Peck School of the Arts at UWM – Kenilworth Square 41 2J
- 1925 E Kenilworth Pl
- Saturday: 10-5
- Sunday: 10-5
- Photography permitted: Yes Tripod: Yes
The Kenilworth building was built by Ford Motor Co. in 1914. It was used as an automobile assembly plant until 1942, when the building was sold to the federal government, which built the Prospect Ave. portion a year later. The expanded building was used by defense contractors until 1969.
UWM began leasing the property in 1971 and took ownership of it in 2001. The university then began seeking redevelopment proposals
After a $68 million renovation, which created two buildings by splitting Kenilworth in half. the east side of the building re-opened in October 2006 as a large auxiliary facility for the Peck School of the Arts.